- Beach Camping
- Camping Cooking Supplies
- Camping Equipment Checklist
- Camping First Aid Kit
- Camping Games
- Camping Hammocks
- Camping Lights
- Camping Outdoor Gear
- Camping Recipes
- Camping Showers
- Camping Sleeping Bags
- Camping Stores
- Camping Survival
- Camping Tent Equipment
- Camping Trailers for Sale
- Camping with Kids
- Kayak Camping
- Motorcycle Camping
- Nude Camping
- Pop Up Camping
- RV Camping
- Tents For Camping
- Van Camping
OK so when I was younger, singing, hiking, scavenger hunts and other activities were my favorite part of camping. Now that I am older it is hands down the cooking!!! I love cooking with the kids and coming up with easy camping recipes. I find it fun to try to come up with meals with what tools and ingredients I have available. Don’t get me wrong, there is some degree of planning that goes into it but I wouldn’t panic if I forgot something.
Get your copy of The Real Camping Cookbook. Over 100 recipes, and they're getting rave reviews! Click on the link and check it out!
Another reason I enjoy camping food so much is because it’s a great time to cheat!! You are going to need high-calorie-foods to restore your energy after each day that is full of camping activities. Well---actually—I tend to treat on any vacation that I am on!!! Below are a few of my favorite camping recipes. Some are common treats or meal that almost everyone includes on their camping trips. These are just my own take on them and ways to make packing and preparing easier for you.
After you check out our recipes, please be sure to check out our article on how to safely store foods and cook them while you are camping.
I had to start with this one because it is a camping staple. You pretty much know exactly how to make these I just wanted to add that you should try peanut butter instead of chocolate and see how you like it or add peanut butter with the chocolate. You should also try different brands and kinds of chocolate. Hershey’s will work year round but changing things up a little bit makes it more fun or could even make it part of dessert of a couple on a camping trip!!!
To make these even easier, you could also use chocolate covered graham crackers.
No Bake Cookies for Camping
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups of rolled oats
- Some confectioners’ sugar in a bowl – for decorating
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add vanilla extract and mix together.
- Add rolled oats and mix.
- Create balls and dip in confectioners’ sugar
We always have hamburgers on the first night of camping. Here is our family recipes:
- 1 lb. hamburger (80/15)
- I pkg. onion soup mix
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp blue cheese
- Mix all ingredients well and be sure to move the meat around as you season it.
- Add American or Sharp Cheddar Cheese, your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- Bread – white bread is fine
- Pizza Sauce – one can will do depending on size of group
- Toppings – pepperoni, sausage, etc.
- Butter - spreadable
- Hobo Pie Iron – available at most camping stores
- Spray your Hobo Pie Iron with non-stick oil spray
- Butter one side of both slices of bread
- Place ingredients in middle and do not overfill
- Cook in Pie Iron turning every now and then until both sides of the bread have browned.
Also, keep in mind that the following veggies don't need to be refrigerated: avocado, cabbage, corn, garlic, onion, potatoes, squash and eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini. These fruits don't need refrigeration, either: apples, citrus fruits, cherries, melons, pears, or apricots.
Enjoy your cooking